LM2596 DC-DC step-down Adjustable CC/CV LED driver Power Supply Module Converter
LM2596 DC-DC step-down regulator, adjustable +1.25 v to 30 v dc output, with constant current adjustable up to 2A. Ideal for battery operated projects requiring a regulated power supply. Commonly used as a constant current LED driver, or for charging batteries.
Specifications LM2596 DC-DC step-down regulator
- Regulator Type: Step Down ( Non Isolated input to Output )
- Input Voltage: +7 to 35vdc
- Output Voltage: +1.25 to 25vdc
- Output Current: 2A Rated, ( 3A maximum with heat sink )
- Switching Frequency: 150kHz
- Adjustable Current: Unknown
- Efficiency: Up to 92% ( when output voltage is set high )
- Dropout Voltage: 2vdc minimum
- Load Regulation: +/- 0.5%
- Voltage Regulation: +/- 2.5%
- Temperature: -40 to +85 deg C ( output power less than 10Watts )
- PC Board Size: 43.6mm L x 21mm W x 14mm H
- Data Sheet: National LM2596
Battery Charging use LM2596 DC-DC step-down regulator:
- Make sure of the voltage and current of the battery you need to charge
- Adjust the constant voltage potentiometer to make the output voltage same to the charge voltage
- Potentiometer Adjustment Direction: Clockwise (increase), counterclockwise (decrease)
- Use the multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current,and adjust the current potentiometer to make sure the output current to the expected charging current value
- The charge current of transfer lamp is default 0.1 times of the charging current (constant current value)
- Connected to the battery and try to charging (for previous 5 steps, module input terminal is connected to power source, output load is NOT connected to batteries).
LM2596 DC-DC step-down regulator LED Constant Current Driver Use:
- Make sure operating current and Max operating Voltage of the LED you need to drive.
- Adjust the constant voltage potentiometer to make sure the output Voltage is up to LED Max operating Voltage.
- Use the multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the current potentiometer.To make sure the output current to the expected LED operating current.
- Join LED, test (For the above 3 steps, module input terminal is connected to power source,
output load is NOT connected to LED).